Built as catholic church, the foundation stone was laid on the 15th December 1915 by Bishop Shiel during a train stopover at Pinnacle on his return to Mackay after opening the Finch Hatton church.
The site was purchased for £20 (pounds), and the building with its tiled roof cost £470 (pounds).
Around the very early 1970’s it was then sold to the Uniting Church.
The Tiles were removed and the roof line was lowered. It then became a series of private residences and Coffee Shops